Thursday, July 21, 2005

Two can play that game

Yesterday, Fun Colleague called in ill for today so that the office would have plenty of time to find substitutes for her classes. A couple of them were redistributed to other teachers, and I escaped being asked. However, this morning Bossman asked me to teach her first evening class and told me I was his last resort and that there was nobody else available to do it.

Today was my short day (only morning classes), so that’d mean I have to wait many hours and go back, mainly because I just happen to be in the office when he finally discovered that he hadn’t reassigned a class. I told him that I had dinner plans for this evening and wouldn’t be able to do it, and he said, ‘Okay, I’ll call Clown then.’

My dinner plans? A quiet evening at home eating chicken and rice, drinking a bottle of wine and a watching a DVD.