Tuesday, July 26, 2005

More scheduling fun

I walked into class P last Thursday and the students informed me that they only had two lessons on Friday. Thinking that was odd because they usually have three, I decided to probe a bit. I asked them which lessons they had and they told me. My lesson was not on their list, but I had been asked on Wednesday by Bossman to substitute for another teacher on Friday. I then inquired as to who had told them that, and they said Computer Teacher. She had been informed on Wednesday that I’d be teaching the class on Friday because she was involved in part of the conversation with BM that day. I gave them an assignment to do and went to the office to find out what was going on (for their sake).

MrT: ‘Old Secretary, who is teaching class P tomorrow?
* OS looks at the roster *
OS: ‘Good French Teacher and Nice Spanish Teacher.’
MrT: ‘Bossman asked me to do it yesterday,’
OS: ‘Oh? Did he? Let me look in the computer’
MrT: ‘Okay’
OS: ‘It says that you and NST are, and that GFT is teaching class R.’
MrT: ‘Class R ended last week.’
OS: ‘Then maybe it should be class P?’
MrT: ‘I don’t know. All I know is that BM asked me to teach it for the first period and that’s what I’m going to do.’
OS: ‘So you’ll be here early then?’
MrT: ‘Yes. What about GFT and NST? Actually, I don’t really care. I don’t handle scheduling.’

I walked out. I couldn’t be arsed.