Wednesday, January 26, 2005

My school is literally becoming a three ring circus.

(this post leads back to my astonished post).

New Guy Two started working at our school at the end of last week. I had only seen him briefly in passing and hadn't had a chance to talk to him, so I knew nothing about him. I met him on Monday and we a few minutes to chat. As with most teachers, we got to the subject of teaching. Here's how the conversation went:

MrT: 'How long have you been teaching?'
New Guy Two: 'Teaching, or teaching English?'
MrT: 'I'll bite. Both.'
NGT: 'I taught English about four years ago for a very short period of time. However, I spent the last three years in New Zealand teaching circus acts.'
MrT: 'Circus acts?'
NGT: 'Yes, juggling, unicycle riding, things like that.'
MrT [trying to control laughter]: 'Really?'
NGT: 'Yes.'

Now you can see why I was astonished. Bossman has hired someone who has very little experience teaching English, because he has teaching experience with circus acts!

From now on, New Guy Two is known as Clown.