Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Christmas Do

We left the school at 17h on Friday for a restaurant on a hill in a village out of our city. Bossman sat at the head of the table, with Bosswoman to his left and me across the table from her on BM's right. Secret Smoker sat next to me, and Pompous Ponce sat across from her, next to BW. Some people had rented costumes (I hadn't), including Bossman who went as Santa Claus. PP went as Henry XIII and the minute I saw him, I said, 'Hi Robin Hood' (yes, I knew he was really Henry XIII) which made steam billow from his ears.

Dinner was soup, pork and baked potatoes, and the alcohol flowed freely (I had three beers). I get on well with BM and BW, so we talked about many different things.

As far as pressies go, we had drawn names and bought our person a present. I had SS's name, and went €4 above the limit of €6 and bought her a book on our region - the history, sights to see, etc (I try to be thoughtful when buying presents for people). She loved it and as far as I know, she still doesn't know who bought it for her. What did I get? A crappy diary for 2005. Apparently someone had found it in a bargain bin and splashed out the €2 or so for it. It was obviously someone who doesn't know me at all - or just couldn't be arsed to look for something useful - as most know that I do all of my planning electronically.

I got bored after a while and caught the 22h15 bus home, using the excuse that I was tired. Actually, I really was. Overall, it was a not too painful experience, but I hope to be out of town for Do 2005.