Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Overworked

Believe it or not, I'm planning lessons at this ungodly hour of the morning. I have a full day today...too full. My first class starts at 7h30, and my last one ends at 20h40 - partially due to Fun Colleague still being on holiday. I have two fifteen minute breaks and a one hour break, but other than that, it's straight through.

If that wasn't enough, yesterday I had to teach an intensive course for four hours, then spend three hours making an exam to be given on Thursday of this week. We are normally required to turn exams into the office one week in advance so they can 'check' (like they'd know if there was anything wrong?) and photocopy them, but having had to work 14 extra hours last week (12 this week), I told Bossman that there was no way I was going to have it in on time. I explained why, and he didn't argue with me and extended my deadline til Monday. Of course, I could have done it at the weekend, however: 1.I had to do something else work-related that was more important (that I actually got paid for); 2. I didn't feel like it.

Next week should be a lot less busy.