Saturday, September 11, 2004

Three years on

Three years ago, at about this time, I turned the channel to CNN and saw smoke coming from buildings. Thinking they had changed the channel number on which CNN broadcast, I turned up the sound to hear what was happening in the movie in front of me. It was only then that I realised it wasn't a movie and I actually was watching CNN. A city I loved and had visited many times was under attack. It got worse as the attacks spread to the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania. I took detailed notes that still exist on a different website.

I spent the next few days glued to the TV trying to get all the information I could. I was relieved to hear that a couple of good friends who lived in NYC were safe and unhurt.

The memories of what I witnessed (via TV) on 11 September 2001 have not even begun to fade. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.