Thursday, September 09, 2004

Control freak?

We frequently have to teach one-to-one four-hour intensive lessons at our school. New Asshole has had to teach a few lately and has been quite unhappy about it. He came into the office while I was talking to Old Secretary yesterday and expressed his dissatisfaction. He also told us what he was going to do about it. Here's how the conversation went:

New Asshole: I've had it with these long one-to-one classes.
MrT: They're a fact of life around here. We get them all the time and they'll continue to come in no matter what you think.
NA: Well, I'm not going to teach four hour one-to-ones anymore. Only two hour ones.
MrT: We all have to do it. That's not going to change just because you want it to.
NA: I'm not. I'm going to put my foot down about it.
OS: What do you mean?
NA: I'm going to tell Bossman that I won't do them anymore and if he doesn't do what I want, I'm going to walk out and go back to England.
OS and I tried to hold back our laughter as we looked at each other in disbelief while he was leaving the room.

No wonder why he's worked for seven schools in his five years of teaching.