Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Update on New Guy

New Guy's been here for 2 1/2 weeks now, and things are starting to change a bit.

When he first got here, he told me he didn't smoke. I'm a non-smoker and hate smoke, so I thought that'd be great. Another non-smoker to hang out with in the teachers' room. However, at the party on Friday, he was chain smoking. I asked him about that on Monday, and he told me that he used to smoke, and he likes a cigarette or two when he drinks. Fair enough, other people who have quit smoking have told me the same. Today, I saw him smoke several cigarettes crouched down on the balcony of the kitchen so no one could see him (one of the windows on the second floor gives you a clear view of it, which, apparently, he has yet to discover).

Also, his clothing has changed. The last two weeks he looked quite dapper, and this week he's started dressing down...jeans and t-shirts.

Young Secretary thinks he's gay.