Friday, July 02, 2004

Short skirts

While I was busy with oral exams earlier this week, Incompetent Colleague had to teach my group R. They're a good lot, a class of fourteen girls and one boy and are only one year away from graduation. I had told group R that IC would be teaching them once this week and they were fine with that, as he taught them once when I was on holiday in December and they know what kind of teacher he is and don't expect too much from him. Before I go on, I have to tell you that IC is a timid and kind of shy person who hates being around large groups of people (lord knows why he's teaching).

 

After I finished oral exams on Wednesday, I saw one of the girls from group R as she was leaving the school. She was wearing a short skirt, which is not unusual for girls to wear at this time of the year, but very unusual for this particular student to wear. I asked her how the lesson had gone, and she said, ‘It was IC’s usual kind of lesson. Also, we played a trick on him. We know he’s timid, so all the girls in the class wore short skirts today to see what his reaction would be.' I laughed.

 

A bit later, I saw IC. I asked him how the lesson had gone, and he told me. He then said, ‘It was very strange, all the girls had short skirts on and it made me very nervous.'

I love group R.