Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Organisation at its best

I was sitting in the teachers' room this morning preparing for a class, when Bossman came in and said, 'You know a new class is being thrown at you starting on Thursday, don't you?' to which I replied, 'No.' Here's how the rest of the day went:

BM: 'The secretaries know about it.'
MrT: 'Okay, I'll go to the office and ask.'

I walk to the office, followed by BM.

MrT: 'Secretary from Hell, can you tell me about a new class that I'm starting on Thursday?'
SfH: 'I don't know anything about it.'
MrT: 'BM, are you hallucinating?'
BM: 'Ask Old Secretary when she comes in.'

Two hours later:

MrT: 'OS, do you have something to tell me?'
OS: 'About what?'
MrT: 'About the new class I'm supposed to be starting on Thursday?'
OS: 'It starts next week and Incompetent Colleague will be teaching it. Is that okay?'
MrT: 'Fine with me.'

One hour later:

MrT: 'BM, OS said that it starts next week and IC will be teaching it.'
BM: 'Oh, that right. It does. You'll be teaching it.'

It'll be interesting to see what happens next week.

************ Update 10 May 2004 ************

Today, I saw OS put a card in IC's schedule indicating that he'll be the teacher for the above-mentioned class.